Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rockport in Plein Air

Well as you can tell I have been on a time out. I wish I could say I have been painting more than anything else but that has not been the case. Yes, I have been painting but mostly learning my new computer and adobe program . I have spent lots of time organizing photos and did delete 10,000 photo's. It is a nice freeing feeling and one step closer to my goal of simplifying. I have also done some traveling in between. In life as in painting we do need to simplify otherwise we put in too much detail and make our paintings too busy. We put too much in our day and we are drained at the end of the day with little to spare for tomorrow. In painting we need to make hard decisions as to what to put in and what to leave out letting the viewers eye finish the painting. In life we have to also choose how we will spend the 24 hours we have all been given. I have enjoyed my time out . Taking time out to learn something new, getting organized, giving myself permission to read instead of paint. I have also watched many painting DVD's and read lots of painting books as well. I do feel refreshed and excited about painting on our upcoming trip to Zion an Bryce Canyon. I am bring my painting gear and hope to do lots of plein air painting . I hope you enjoy this little painting. I had a wonderful time painting it. Getting reacquainted with plein air and all that it entails. It was actually a very windy day in Rockport but I loved the challenge and was still excited about my adventure at the end of the day. If you are interested in this painting please contact me. Word of the day SIMPLIFY

No comments:

Post a Comment