Thursday, June 7, 2012

Here is my third plein air IMPRESSION from my Rockport adventure . IMPRESSION is the word for today. I just wanted to get down the feeling of a fishing boat. It is not exact and was done quickly but it does complete the feeling of the day I had at Rockport Harbor. When I look at all three paintings together the memory of the day is so clear to me. The wind, sound of the sea gulls, the people I spoke to as they passed by to see what I was doing and the wonderful time I had exploring the Rockport Art Association that day. I hope you enjoy this little painting and if you are interested please email me and remember you want to PRACTICE a SIMPLE IMPRESSION. See you back here in a couple of weeks as we are off on a hiking trip to Zion and Bryce Canyon. I am bringing my plein air gear along. Where I will PRACTICE SIMPLE IMPRESSIONS !

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the Rockport paintings. Don't you love plain air? Go girl, enjoy, paint it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelley , finally getting more comfortable with Adobe Elements and my Mac. It has taken a while. Thanks for your help and hope your Gallery opening went well. Yes, I do love the whole plein air experience and still get so excited every time I go on a painting adventure. This Rockport trip was my first try with watercolors. Very different than oils but fun just the same.

    ReplyDelete