Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Getting Back to it !

     Hi there,, I hope you have been keeping your brush wet and doing better job at that than I have lately.
     What am I doing today ?  Getting back into it , I actually started yesterday  starring at a blank sheet of paper wondering how to get back to it .


    I want to share what works for me when I have been away from my easel and  or
sketchbook for a while . We all have our own ways to restart but I thought I would share what works for me.
   First       I set my priorities  :  Mine are God , Family and Painting  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

   Second    I go back to what I know,  a review of sorts.  A few favorite brushes, simple palette auerolin yellow, permanent rose , cobalt blue  and lots of paper .

    Third     I take out some of my favorite art books looking for inspiration and then I begin with Bob's Blobs . Those of you who have taken classes from me know I love Robert Wade's Bob's Blobs as a great practice and exercise . Where you just put paint on little squares with no idea where you will end up . I did two sheets before lunch , I  guess I was thinking water , trees, and landscape when I did these , Lol !



    This afternoon I continued using my books doing little lessons and exercises that are in them and then finally went for two of my own from my recent photos of Maine . I hope you enjoy seeing them  and that you are inspired to open your sketchbook and stand at your easel and get back into it . No excuses on why you couldn't paint over the holidays  ( I didn't either )  but now it is time to get back to practicing and painting what you love .

I hope you enjoy seeing these and that they encourage you to get back to it . 

No comments:

Post a Comment