Wednesday, November 7, 2018

News for November and posted Tenants Harbor Workshop for 2019

Hi , here we are in November already, time is flying by as I continue to travel, teach, paint and fill sketchbooks. You all remember " Keep your brush wet and your sketchbook by your side" right ? Lol!
 
  I just posted my Tenants Harbor Workshop 2019 on my website Dianegklock.com We have had a blast the last two years in this class and would love to have you join us.


I have been spending a lot of my time studying values,  everyones favorite thing , right ? Lol ! and doing a divided 1/4 sheet during my practice time before attempting a full 1/4 sheet painting to get my juices flowing.



I got hooked on doing these during a recent workshop, Who knew I would develop a love for Windsor Newton Paynes Gray. Those who know me know I never liked that color before but it is fabulous for value sketches along with Holbein TitaniumWhite or gouache.

Here are a few of my sample quick studies to get warmed up . I don't spend more than an hour of the whole sheet and work on them all at the same time , letting things dry and moving on to the next.
Remember to set your timer .   Till next time " Keep your brush wet and your sketchbook by your side and keep practicing as practice will improve your work .

No comments:

Post a Comment