Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Quick Sketches from my walk to the Met here in New York City

Hi,  hope you are all painting and sketching away. I am up in Connecticut this week playing in my studio, practicing and painting and getting refreshed. Thank you all for your calls and emails about last weeks post. I am glad so many of you are giving black and white value studies a try. You will grow in your painting because of it.
       I wanted to share some of the quick sketches I did last week as I left my apartment on what was a beautiful Spring day. My total time out was 2 hours so quick sketching indeed . I stood on street corners and did find places to sit here and there. Quick sketching on my travels has become such a part of my life and I just want to encourage you to give it a go. When you look back at your sketches you will recall the moment better than any photograph can. It teaches you to really live in the moment and look . You hand eye coordination will improve the more you do it and you will learn to express your feelings of the day . Sketching is recording what you are doing at a particular time.



 Enjoy these quick sketches and remember perfection is not the goal  as these are not finished drawings , just get an impression of what is around you and the more you sketch the better you will get at it and your paintings will also improve. This is your voice with a pen or pencil so Travel Light and Have Fun ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment