Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Copenhagen

            Hi, hope you have all been able to squeeze in some quality practice time since my last post. It is snowing again so I am painting indoors. I tried outdoors in this snowy weather but my paint just crystalized on my paper as well as my palette, Hmmm ! not a good thing. I am going to try painting in my car next time I am in Litchfield CT . I will have to let you know how that works out.
           In the meantime I am starting a series using my memory, sketches  and photos of our recent trip to Scandinavia. This one is from Copenhagen where we had a wonderful breakfast at one of the cafes along the water. It was wonderful and if you were chilly they all had blankets for you. Pretty good idea Huh !  This one was done using 300 lb Kilimanjaro paper. I am trying out some new paper. and my usual limited palette, Aureolin, Permanent Rose, Ultramarine blue and Cobalt blue. I also added a titch of Vermilion and cobalt turquoise. The last two extra colors I always have on my palette for an extra punch. This  painting  measures 11x15 and is not available just yet as I want to complete this series. However if you are interested I will pencil in your name next to the painting if you let me know. Thanks so much.     
                  
         

I do hope you enjoy seeing this painting and are … Practicing, Sketching and Learning to mix color using a limited palette (Aureolin, Permanent Rose and Cobalt Blue or Ultramarine) . These are some of the building blocks that will help you to grow as a painter. Remember Enjoy The Process and I will see you back here next time and if I can help you in any way please just email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment