Thursday, October 26, 2017

A Coney Island Wedding

I wanted to share with you some ways I  use my sketchbook . Family outings , holidays, vacations , sight seeing , coffee shops ,at home in front of the tv , on airplanes, buses and subways or just walking around the neighborhood.     Todays post is A Coney Island Wedding

    I attended a wonderful fun wedding in September , here are a few samples of my very quick sketches of that day .
     When you do quick sketches of your day your first impressions come out and you notice things you never saw before .

                                             You remember  colors , shapes , and sounds
smiles and feelings 

After the ceremony we of course went on the rides , I stood on the street corner to catch this one of the train and Cyclone .
Fun rides in the children area , lots of laughter , color 
 screaming 
and excitement 
At the reception I tried to capture people chatting and having a good time , impressions of  the moment .

     

Simplify and sketch what you think you need to capture the moment of the day and don't worry about getting a likeness.
                                                      The laughter excitement and sounds
                Impressions  , conversations , smiles , love and sharing with one another .

                        It indeed was a wonderful wedding, I know from experience overtime when I look at back at these  quick sketches all the sights and sounds of that special day will come back into my memory like I was seeing it for the first time .  I did want to say these sketches were quick , a minute or 2  just your impression. Take photos for reference and put a color wash on when you get home as you are at the event to socialize and have a good time .
         I hope you are able to give special events in your life a try, family get togethers , recitals , concerts , graduations or just hanging out with friends . I will look forward to seeing  your sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment