Wednesday, August 9, 2017

After the Workshop in Tenants Harbor, Now What ?


I know how hard it is to get back into a routine after attending a workshop . How do you  put into practice all you learned? The only way I know is to ..... Yup ! you guessed it , Practice ....

Here is some of what I have practiced this week along with putting some color  washes on my sketches.



This is a 1/2 sheet which I divided off with masking tape and focused on shapes . I used my sketchbook as a reference as well as my photos. No drawing just focusing on shapes ( whoops! I did draw on the sketch on the far right) 
I know this one has nothing to do with Maine it is just what I felt like practicing today , again thinking shapes and not things.
               
 I also put some color on my sketches .



 Remember to always go back to what you know .  Sketch simply ,  Use a limited palette , practice brush strokes (learn what your brush can do ) Think focal point , values , composition and HAVE FUN while you are practicing and  paint what you love and love what you paint . 

If I can help you in any way please email me . I can help you via email, Skype or FaceTime .  Till Next time " Keep your brush wet and your sketchbook by your side "

                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment